MEXT Scholarship 2024-2025
Fantastic news for international students looking to study in Japan! The MEXT scholarship is now offering a fully funded scholarship for the academic year 2024-2025. This scholarship covers undergraduate, master’s, PhD, and training programs. It includes tuition fees, accommodation, a monthly living allowance, and round-trip airfare from your home country to Japan.
The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) provides scholarships to international students who want to study at Japanese universities. These scholarships are offered to international students pursuing undergraduate, master’s, or Ph.D. degrees under the Japanese Government Scholarship Program. To apply for this scholarship, students can be recommended by the Japanese Embassy, Consulate General, a university, or a relevant authority.
- Program Name: MEXT Scholarship
- Academic Year: 2024-2025
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters / PhD / Training
- Institution: Japanese Top Universities
- Program Period: Undergraduates 4-5 years, Masters 2-3 years, PhD 3-4 years
- Destination: Japan
- Scholarship Amount: Varies from Degree
- Required Language: English
- MEXT Scholarship Deadline: Vares from Embassy to Embassy of each country [check Japan’s embassy in your country]
- Fields of Study: The Japanese Universities offered various types of courses
- Eligible Countries: All countries
MEXT Scholarship Coverage
- Monthly Allowance: Students will receive 117,000 Yen each month, which is around $833. Research students may also receive additional awards of about 2,000 to 3,000 yen. Keep in mind that this amount might change based on the government’s budget.
- Accommodation: All scholarship recipients will be provided with a place to stay in a university residence hall.
- Travel Expenses: MEXT will cover the cost of your travel from your home country to Japan. You’ll get an economy-class flight ticket.
- Education Fees: MEXT will pay for your entrance exam and university tuition fees.
Eligibility Criteria for MEXT Scholarship 2024
Required languages: English
- Open to applicants from all countries worldwide.
- Must have the nationality of a country with diplomatic relations with Japan.
- Individuals with Japanese nationality at the time of application are not eligible.
- Age: 17 to 25 years old.
- Completed 12 years of school education or equivalent.
- Prospective high school graduates can apply.
Masters / PhD Students:
- Age: Under 35 years old.
- Hold a college degree or are prospective graduates.
- Completed 16 years (for Masters) or 18 years (for PhD) of education.
Teacher Training Students:
- Age: Under 35 years old.
- Graduates of a college or teacher training college.
- Possess at least five years of teaching experience in primary, secondary, or teacher training colleges in their home country.
Japanese Study Students:
- Age: 18 to 30 years old.
- Must be enrolled as undergraduate students majoring in Japanese language or culture in a non-Japanese university when coming to Japan.
- Must be enrolled in their home institution upon returning to their home country.
Required Document for MEXT Scholarship 2024?
- MEXT Application form
- Provide your higher degree & higher degree transcript with official stamps, including the grading system:
- Bachelor’s program: 12 years of education
- Master’s program: Bachelor’s degree and Bachelor’s degree transcripts
- Ph.D. program: Master’s degree and Master’s degree transcripts
- If the degree and transcript are not in English, provide a notarized English translation.
- Obtain two recommendation letters from teachers, advisors, or employers who can assess your academic performance and research potential. These letters must be in English.
- If available, provide a scan of your passport.
- Submit a Curriculum Vitae (CV) for research students.
- photographs as required.
- Prepare a study plan or statement of purpose in English, covering your motivation for applying, your educational and research background, and your plan for studying at APU (for research students).
- If your language institute was in English, provide an English Proficiency Certificate from your home university to exempt yourself from a language test.
- For research students, include academic theses or relevant publications.
- If applicable, provide any other necessary reference documents.
Read More: US Scholarships
How to apply for MEXT Scholarship 2024?
- Visit your country’s Japanese Embassy or Consulate.
- Visit the Japanese embassy’s website in your country, then find MEXT Scholarship.
- Look for the “Education/Scholarship” tab.
- Download the MEXT scholarship application form (the application form may be different from. degree)
- Complete the application form.
- Submit the required documents along with the application form to your country’s Japanese Embassy.
- Prepare for a written test administered by the embassy. [Find a sample written test with answers for practice.]
- Attend interviews if selected.
- Successful candidates will be notified via email or the embassy’s website.
MEXT Scholarship Official website:
For more information about the MEXT Scholarship, please visit the official website of the MEXT Scholarship.
Related Post: India Scholarships