Chevening scholarships 2024/25 | Eligibility Criteria | Application Process (Fully Funded)
Great news for international students looking to start their academic journey in the UK! The Chevening scholarships are now open for the academic year 2024/25, offering scholarships for Chevening-eligible countries. This presents an excellent opportunity for individuals aspiring to pursue their studies in the UK.
The Chevening Scholarship is a special scholarship given by the UK government. It helps really good students from different countries to study for a higher degree in the United Kingdom. The scholarship pays for their university tuition fees and a monthly stipend. Travel costs to and from the UK.An arrival allowance. A homeward departure allowance.The cost of one visa application. A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK and more, so they can focus on studying. After they finish, they go back to their home countries and use what they learned to help make things better. The scholarship not only helps students learn more but also connects them with important people and opportunities worldwide.
- Level of Study: Master
- Institution: UK Universities
- Study in: UK
- Coursed Offered: Master’s Degree in any subject
- Program Period: Depends on the selected courses but no more than one year of postgraduate courses
- Destination: Any UK University
- Chevening Scholarship Open Date: 12 September, 2023
- Chevening Scholarship Deadline: 7 November, 2023
Eligibility Criteria for Chevening Scholarships
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a country or territory that’s eligible for Chevening. [Click here to check Chevening-eligible countries]
- Plan to return to your home country for at least two years after you finish your Scholarship in the UK.
- Have finished your undergraduate degree in a way that lets you enter a postgraduate program at a UK university. Usually, this means having an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK, but it can vary depending on your chosen course and university.
- Accumulate at least two years (equal to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university programs and receive an unconditional offer from one of them by the application deadline mentioned in the timeline.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Are a British citizen or have dual British citizenship, unless you’re from a British Overseas Territory or BN(O) citizen applying from Hong Kong.
- Have refugee status in a country that’s not eligible for Chevening. But you can apply if you have refugee status in an eligible country.
- Work or have worked for the UK government or related organizations in the last two years, including British Embassies, Home Office, British Council, or certain UK universities.
- Work or have worked for Chevening Partner organizations within the last two years, and you can’t get an award from the same organization you’re affiliated with.
- Have previously received a UK Government-funded scholarship for studying in the UK
How to apply for the Chevening Scholarship?
1. Choose Your Country: Select your country from here and choose the Chevening Scholarship.
2. Create an Account: Make an account on the Chevening Scholarship website.
3. Fill Your Profile: Provide your personal information to create an account and save it.
4. Validate Your Profile: Confirm and ensure that your profile information is accurate.
5. Start Your Application: Begin the application process.
6. Complete the Eligibility Quiz: Answer a quiz to confirm your eligibility for the scholarship
7. Fill out the Application and Gather Documents: Fill out the application with the required details and gather the necessary documents:
- Education documents,
- English language qualification,
- Conditional offers for proposed courses (up to three),
- Unconditional offers for proposed courses (up to three),
- References (you’ll upload these if invited for an interview),
- Passport or ID document
8. Submit the Application: Review your application and submit it for consideration.
Chevening Scholarships Offical Sites
For more information and details, you can visit the Chevening Scholarships Official sites