Good News for Black UK citizens! Bristol University offers Black Futures Scholarship 2024-2025 for Black UK applicants, towards their first years of undergraduate study and employability opportunities. Welcome to ScholarshipsDiary. In this article, we will explore the details of Black Futures Scholarship benefits, Black Futures Scholarship eligibility criteria, required documents, and the application process step by step.
About Black Futures Scholarship
Black Futures Scholarship is a program aimed at supporting UK Black students by providing Undergraduate degree education at the University of Bristol in the United Kingdom. This scholarship is provided to special categories for Black Ethnicity. The scholarship is available to 25 UK Black Citizens to pursue an Undergraduate degree program. This scholarship provides £2,000 in the first year and £750 in the second and third years, totaling £3,500 throughout the full-time study. Similarly, it includes up to £1,000 for employability opportunities like internships, placements, or summer research programs. Futures Scholarship 2024/25 Preference will be given to applicants who:
- from a low-income household
- from areas of low participation in higher education
- who have attended an aspiring state school
- who are under 25 and have previously been in care
- who have a disability
- who will be over 21 years old at the start of the course
Black Futures Scholarship 2024/25 Details
Black Futures Scholarship Benefits
- This scholarship provides a financial amount of £2,000 in the first year and £750 in the second and third years.
- Additionally, this scholarship also offers up to £1,000 of funding support for employability opportunities, such as internships, placements, or summer research programs.
The scholarship amount will be paid via BACS in two equal installments. Payments are usually made in November and January but will be confirmed in early October.
Black Futures Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must be resident in the United Kingdom
- Applicants must have one of the following categories
- Black African
- Black Caribbean
- Black Other
- Mixed – White and Black Caribbean
- Mixed – White and Black African
- Other mixed background (to include Black African, Black Caribbean or Black Other)
- Applicants have an offer (or awaiting a decision) to start an undergraduate program at the University of Bristol in 2024/25
- Applicant must be in full-time study
- part-time students are not eligible to apply)
- Applicants have a demonstrable financial need
- be eligible for financial support available from the UK Government (in the form of tuition fee and living costs loans from the Student Loans Company)
- have applied for or intend to apply for means-tested support from your regional funding provider (e.g. Student Finance England) and have consented to share your household income details with the University.
How to Apply for Black Futures Scholarship 2024-25
Applicants need to follow the following instructions while applying Black Futures Scholarship application form:
- Before applying for the Black Futures Scholarship, carefully read all the details about it.
- Applicants need to apply the application form from the Additional funding application form.
- Provide accurate information while applying for Additional funding application form.
Application Process for Black Futures Scholarship 2024-25
- Successful applicants will receive an award offer from the university
- Prospective students will need to have firmly accepted an offer of a place to study to remain eligible.
- To ensure that all the awards are made, the University will select a number of students to be on a reserve list for the scholarship. Students who are on the reserve list may be contacted at a later date to be informed that they have been offered the scholarship should an award become available. Being placed on the reserve list is not a guarantee of an award.
For more information about the Black Futures scholarship 2024-25 please visit the official website.