Assam Pre-Metric Scholarship for SC students (Component) is currently available for Indian Students. In this article, we will explore the details of Assam Pre-Metric Scholarship for SC students benefits, Assam Pre-Metric Scholarship for SC students eligibility criteria, required documents, and the application process step by step.
Assam Pre-Metric Scholarship for SC Students
Assam Pre-Metric Scholarship for SC Students 2024 is a scholarship program for Indian students provided by the Government of India’s Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. The main objective of this scholarship is to promote literacy and uninterrupted education at the pre-metic level for the needy and backward children to improve education quality. The Government of India has been providing two Central Sponsored Schemes;
- The Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC Students:
- Pre-Metric Scholarship Scheme for the children of parents/guardians engaged in unclean and hazardous occupations.
This scholarship will provide two components; Component 1, and Component 2
- Component 1: Component 1 scholarship scheme provides for SC Students studying in Classes IX and X.
- Component 2: Component 2 scholarships scheme is provided for children studying in Classes I to X, whose parents/guardians engaged in unclean and hazardous occupation
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students 2024
|Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
|Government of India
|9-10 (Component I), 1-10 (Component II)
|10 February, 2024
Before applying for the Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students 2024, you should know what benefits it offers. Here are the benefits of the scholarship:
|Rs. 3500 per annum
|Component 1- Rs. 7000 per annum
Component 2- Rs. 8000 per annum (For Class III-X)
Additionally, the Scholarship covers an extra 10% allowance for Divyang (disabled) students.
Applicants need the following requirements to be eligible for the Assam Pre-Metric Scholarship for SC Students.
- Be an Indian Citizen
- Applicants should be permanent residents of Assam state
- Belong to the SC community
- Applicants should not hold any other scholarship program while applying
The Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC Students:
- Applicants should be enrolled in Class IX and X on a full-time basis
- Applicants belong to z Scheduled Caste
- Applicant’s family income should not be more than Rs 2.50 lakh per annum
Pre-Metric Scholarship Scheme for the children of parents/guardians engaged in unclean and hazardous occupations.
- Applicants should be enrolled in Class I and X on a full-time basis
- Eligible candidates will be required to submit a certificate from the District Social Welfare officer/ identified officer of the Local body/ Civic Agency/any such authority as designated by the State Government.
- Adhar Card
- Passport size photo
- Scanned copy of their bank passbook
- Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Disability Certificate (if the applicant is disabled)
- Academic transcript/marksheet of the previous qualifying year
- A certificate from a District Social Welfare officer identified officer of the local body, civic agency, or any such authority designated by the State Government
- Apply for scholarships on the official National Scholarship Portal at scholarship.gov.in.
- New applicants must register on the portal, while renewal applicants can log in directly.
- Provide active bank account details when filling out the application form.
- Make sure your bank account is linked with your Aadhar number.
- Aadhar card is mandatory for all applicants. For minors applying without Aadhar, parents or legal guardians must provide an Aadhar card.
The above conditions will be applicable for both fresh and renewal
Here is the important date for the Assam Pre-Metric Scholarship for SC Students. Applicants need to apply for the application form before the deadline, Please do not wait until the last date for the application form.
|Last Date for verification of defective application
|10th February, 2024
|Last Date for Submission of Application (Renewal- who got the scholarship in 2022-23)
|10th February, 2024
|Last Date for erification of defective application
|15th February, 2024
For more information about the Assam Pre-Metric Scholarship for SC Students please visit the official National Scholarship Portal.
If you have any questions or technical queries please contact the National Scholarship portal Helpdesk. helpdesk[at]nsp[dot]gov[dot]in or 0120 – 6619540 (from 8 AM to 8 PM on all days, excluding holidays)